Procedures for Accepted Students
Students accepted for admission to any program must:
- Accepted students must submit official final transcripts from all colleges attended post-high school by the deadline of two weeks (14 days) prior to the first day of classes. Students who are accepted to DMU less than one month prior to the first day of classes will have 30 calendar days from the date of their acceptance to submit all official transcripts to the Office of Admissions. Any special circumstances or requests for exceptions to this policy must be sent to and approved by the Dean of the applicable college. Students who fail to submit all official final transcripts by the stated deadline may jeopardize their acceptance or continued enrollment in the College.
- Submit a non-refundable seat deposit which is applied toward tuition as follows:
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Program: $1,500 (installment payments)
- Master of Science in Anatomy Program: $250
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences Program: $250
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Program: $1,000
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program: $500
- Master of Public Health Program: $250
- Master of Health Care Administration Program: $250
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Program: $500
- Complete all conditions of enrollment, which may include but is not limited to: submission of official and final transcripts, completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, completion of prerequisite coursework, submission of standardized test scores, completion of shadowing or experience hours, and submission of letters of recommendation.
- Complete a criminal background check, which may include a drug screen, through the DMU preferred vendor. Results must be released to DMU prior to matriculation, and the cost of this process will be paid by the student. Students are required to disclose all past or present charges, convictions, dismissals, deferred judgments and expunged records as related to a misdemeanor or felony. They are also obligated to disclose any additional charges and convictions which occur following completion of the initial criminal background check. Admission to the program may be revoked if misrepresentations or omissions from the application are noted in the background check. DMU students are required to complete annual criminal background checks, which may include drug screening, while enrolled at DMU.
Students accepted for admission to the DO, MSA, MSBS, DPM, PA and DPT programs must also:
- Complete a physical examination and an immunization report before registration. Students admitted shortly before classes begin will have four weeks to complete this requirement. A complete listing of required immunizations is supplied to students before orientation.
- Provide proof of health insurance coverage at annual registration that meets minimum requirements as specified within the Academic Catalog. Students must verify coverage through a plan coordinated through DMU, a parent’s or spouse’s group plan, a national government plan, or an individual plan that meets the hard waiver criteria.